Each student proposes a track in two of the partner schools at the time of enrolment, adapted to their profile and area of research. This proposed track will be discussed with the jury during the intake interviews and will be imposed on admitted candidates by the InMICS Pedagogical Committee upon announcement of the results.
The course consists of:
- The main subject (composition of music for screen) supplemented by a secondary subject – specializations according to the places of instruction – weekly courses
- Two related subjects to be chosen from a list proposed by each institution
- Four cultural and theoretical subjects taught to all students through e-learning or visio-conference
- Two complementary subjects to be chosen from a list of 5 to 8 proposed by each institution (one subject each semester)
Please note that the language of instruction may not be English, depending on the courses chosen (multilingualism). Students wishing to apply to the University of Montreal should have an 12 level in French.
The research project will be organised as followed:
- Each student defines the theme of his/her research project, and choses a referent teacher in one of the 2 awarding institutions at the beginning of the programme to follow up this activity. A co-tutor can be chosen in the second institution.
- Each student follows a methodology course delivered by one teacher to all students through e-learning or visio-conference during the first 2 semesters
- Each students hands in his/her thesis at the end of the 4th semestrer (by the end of August)
- Each student participates in a public defence
Some subjects (cultural and theoritical subjects and research methodology) are taught through e-learning or visio-conference to all the students by specialists selected by the four institutions.
All students meet several times during the course of the 2-year programme for collective workshops hosted by the professional project partners, supervised by the InMICS Pedagogical Committee. Within the frame of these workshops, specific seminars and master-classes will be organised are part of the professional and entrepreneurial development of the students.
As part of the professional and entrepreneurial development, each student must undertake a professional internship in the field of music creation for the audio-visual.
|CNSMD de Lyon (France)||Faculté de musique - Université de Montréal (Canada)||Conservatorio di Musica Bologna G.B. Martini Bologna (Italy)||KASK & Conservatorium/School of Arts Ghent (Belgium)||ECTS|
|PRINCIPAL||Scoring for screen||Composition for Video Games||Electroacoustic Composition for screen||Composition for Animation, Documentary and Video||39|
|SECONDARY||Computer Assisted Music||Electroacoustic composition OR scoring for screen (depending on Master 2)||Scoring/Arrangement||Electroacoustic composition OR scoring for screen (depending on Master 2)||12|
Master 1:2 to be chosen amongst those proposed by each school
Master 2:1 to be chosen amongst those proposed by each school
|Disciplines of culture and theory for all schools||
Introduction to acoustics, psychoacoustics and psychology of music
Film (music) History
Analysis from musical and audiovisual perspective
|2 complementary disciplines to be chosen each year amongst those proposed by each school||
Art & civilisation
Histoire de la musique
Analyse des XXe et XXIe siècles
Compétences au clavier
History and analysis of music
Mixed music composition
History of Jazz
Interactive Technology Audio Systems
Music Composiition for Silent Movies
Jazz composition and arrangment
Forms, Styles and Languages Pop/Rock
+ other disciplines
|Thesis for all schools||
Collective methodology course (semester 1 & 2)
Thesis writing to be submitted at the end of the 4th semester
Public thesis defence (October 2020)
|Professional and entrepreneurial development for all schools||